The Dalhousie Student Union (DSU) provides 2 types of health plan for students.
The DSU Health and Dental Plan is a student-oriented benefits plan for both domestic and international students that covers prescriptions, dental, travel, accident, vision, and many other services.
The International Health Plan is for international students only that covers emergency medical expenses such as visiting the doctor, x-rays, lab tests, and many other services.
All full-time students who start in September on the Halifax and Truro Campus are automatically covered under the DSU Health & Dental Plan. Students on a co-op, outgoing exchange, who are a distance or part time student or begin their studies in January or May are not automatically covered and must opt in.
- All international and international exchange students on the Halifax and Truro Campus are automatically covered under the DSU International Students Health Plan unless they are registered as a co-op student in the fall term.
IMPORTANT - If you have comparable coverage, you may be eligible to opt-out of the DSU Health Plan(s). If you have family you wish to add for coverage you must complete an opt in. Part-time students should read more about the plans below to determine if they're interested in opting in for coverage! The Fall opt out and opt in deadline is September 18th!
- DSU Health and Dental Plan
Individual and family opt in - Online via www.studentvip.ca/dsu or in office.
Individual opt out - Online via www.dalonline.dal.ca
- DSU International Health Plan
Family opt in - In office only
Individual opt out - Online via www.internationalhealth.ca/dsu or in office
How would you like to receive your new plan card?
Drug & Dental Plan Card
Your Student Health Plans keep on getting better! Click here to review your coverage, or on any of the links below to learn more about the awesome Student VIP Perks available to you.
- Eligible Drug Search – If you don’t know, now you do!
- Direct 2U Prescriptions – Free campus delivery!
- Discounted Practitioners – Student VIP and Blue Advantage
- Grad Perks- Schools over- your coverage doesn’t have to be!
Have questions? Click here to chat with a Student VIP representative.