The Dalhousie Student Union (DSU) Health and Dental Plan is a student-oriented benefits plan that covers prescriptions, dental, travel, accident, vision, and many other services.
- All full-time students who start in September on the Halifax and Truro Campus are automatically covered under the DSU Health & Dental Plan. Students with comparable coverage may be eligible to opt out of this plan.
- All international and international exchange students on the Halifax and Truro Campus are automatically covered under the DSU International Students Health Plan. Students with comparable coverage may be eligible to opt out of this plan.
- Students on a co-op/work term/or outgoing exchange in the fall term, and not taking any classes, are not automatically enrolled on the DSU Health Plans. Students can opt in to coverage by the set opt in periods.
IMPORTANT - If you have comparable coverage, you MUST opt-out of the DSU Health and Dental Plan by September 18th!
- DSU Health and Dental Plan
Individual and family opt in - Online via www.studentvip.ca/dsu or in office.
Individual opt out - Online via www.dalonline.dal.ca
- DSU International Health Plan
Family opt in - In office only
Individual opt out - Online via www.internationalhealth.ca/dsu or in office
NEW INFORMATION If you're a returning student, starting in September 2018 your Identification Number will be changing and you'll need a new plan card!
- The last two digits of your Identification Number will change from 01 to 00.
Your old ID: # 00012345601
Your NEW ID: # 00012345600
How would you like to recieve your new plan card?
- I’d like to download my new plan card
- I will pick up my card at the DSU Health Plan Office
- I’d like my new plan card mailed to me
- I’ve graduated and don’t need a new plan card, but tell me about Grad Perks
Your Student Health & Dental Plan keeps on getting better! Click here to review your coverage, or on any of the links below to learn more about the awesome Student VIP Perks available to you.
- Eligible Drug Search – If you don’t know, now you do!
- Direct 2U Prescriptions – Free campus delivery!
- Discounted Practitioners – Student VIP and Blue Advantage
Have questions? Click here to chat with a Student VIP representative.